WSIB COVID-19 POLICY
The Ontario government recently announced that first aid providers in certain regions will be included in phase two of reopening the province, and have permission to reopen and resume in-class first aid training.
Included below is our policy on courses during phase two of re-opening:
1) On the morning of the course, if you display any of the signs or symptoms associated with COVID-19 do not leave your house. Contact us and we will place the individual's place on hold. After an isolation of 14 days, contact us to reschedule your booking at no extra cost.
2) When you enter the training facility ensure that you maintain 6 feet / 2 meters apart from all other individuals throughout the entire duration of the course.
3) Ensure that you bring your own personal face mask. If a participant does not have a face mask he/she will not be permitted to participate in the course. Please note that only Procedural or Surgical masks that are rated 95% or greater BFE (Bacterial Filtration Efficiency) are approved. Homemade masks ( e.g: polyester, cotton etc.) will not be accepted.
4) Each participant will be assigned a separate mannequin and face shield for the entire duration of the course.
5) The face shield will be required to use at all times when you are giving breaths into mannequin.
This will separate contamination between the participants and the mannequins.
6) Training equipment cannot be shared between candidates.
7) All of our equipment is efficiently disinfected before and after every course.
8) When participants demonstrate a first-aid or CPR skill a distance of under 6 feet / 2 meters apart from another participant, both participants are expected to wear gloves in addition to the already worn face mask.
9) If any of the participants begins to display any sign or symptom during the course, the participant is required to inform the instructor who must end the course for everyone. The instructor and all course participants must follow up with a healthcare professional to seek further instructions.
10) To know how you're feeling before, during and after the course take the official COVID-19 self assessment from the Ontario government (Link).
Signs or Symptoms of COVID-19:
Shortness of breath
Loss of consciousness
Nausea/vomiting or diarrhea